-County Public service Board
-Salary and remuneration commission
-The industrial court
-PSC of Kenya
-National Government Department of labour
-Government training institute
• Management and coordination of general county administration, public participation & civic education, corporate communication, and human resource management & development;
• To provide human resource management support mechanism to Head of public service in close consultation with County Governor to all departments, entities and sections within the county
• To facilitate capacity program of planning, implementation and advisory skills services to county departments through county human resources advisory committee
• Coordinate implementation of various County Government and County Assembly resolutions, consents and undertakings across county departments & entities;
• Spearhead implementation of Public Service Reforms for modernization of public service delivery;
• Develop county policies norms, standards, etiquette and protocol
• Formulate the county policy on Human Resource Management & Development
The department is driven by the following core values
Inclusiveness and respect for diversity
Service to humanity
Transparency and Accountability
Overall county performance
For the current strategic plan, performance will be taken to be composed of effectiveness, efficiency and relevance. These components will be used to diagnose the overall department performance.
The effectiveness of the department is measured by the degree to which the department is moving toward attainment of its mission and realizing its goals. The mission statement and other documents provide reason for existence of the department. The effectiveness indicators used by the department include, quality of services and programmes, growth indicators in terms of coverage of programmes, services, clients and funding.
The members of staff in the department are used to the best of their abilities and optimal use is made of financial resources. Timeliness of service delivery, employee absenteeism and turnover rates, cost per program, cost per client and cost-benefit of a program are the key efficiency indicators used by the department
The department recognizes the need for regular revisions of service delivery innovations reflecting changing environments and capacities, creates or adapts to new technologies and monitors it reputation.