Organization of PADCU
The Department of Public Administration and Coordination of Devolved Units is composed of three directorates namely; human resource management and development, administration, public participation and civic education and cooperate communication. The technical departments are supported by administrative services composed of clerical and support staff.
Directorate of Human Resource Management & Development
The Directorate is responsible for management and development of entire county human resource base. Specifically is undertakes public service reform, performance management, capacity building and training and knowledge management. The directorate is mandated to undertake the following functions:
• Public Service Reform and Performance Management;
• Research, Development and Service Delivery Innovations, including the Huduma Centres;
• Human Resource Management and Development;
• Training and Capacity Building; and
• Public Service Transformation including Organization Design & Development, Career Design & Development, Operational Standards and Process Re- Engineering.
• Public Services Management Information System and Public Sector Innovation,
• Research and Knowledge Management.
• Facilitation of all county capacity programs
To carry out these functions, the directorate is structured into four divisions namely:
i. COUNTY PUBLIC REFORMS AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
This division is responsible for human resource planning, communication, discipline, and staff welfare and pensions management superannuation Schemes and facilitating recruitment training and development. Further, the directorate domesticates and implements National Human Resources policies, values and principles on governance and public service; and rules and regulations of County Public Service. The directorate is also charged with responsibility of Implementation and administration of Terms and Conditions of Service
ii. Division of Payroll Management
This division is charged with managing payroll, allowance and pensions and benefits management Superannuation Schemes
iii. Division of Human Resource Development
The division facilitates recruitment, training and development of staff as well as induction programs for new staffs.
iv. Division of Human resource management
The division is concerned with auditing of the HR function on productivity, compliance and other related factors and establishment and implementation of human resource management information systems. Further the division will keep records. The division is responsible for labour relations and management.