Effective implementation of sector functions will be achieved through operationalization of four key Directorates namely; Directorate of Housing; Directorate of Physical Planning, Survey, Land Adjudication & Settlement; Directorate of Administration; and Directorate of Lands.
Vision and Mission
Vision: To be a leading entity in the provision of efficient, sustainable, equitable use of county land resources and facilitation of adequate housing provision to the residents of Nyamira.
Mission: To steer positive land reforms for improvement of livelihood of county citizen through efficient administration, equitable access, secure tenure, sustainable management of the land based resources and facilitation of housing provision in sustainable human settlement.
The objectives of the ministry will be:-
- Facilitation of the implementation of Kenya vision 2030 flagship projects relevant to the ministry;
- Provision of appropriate and adequate spatial framework to guide socio-economic development of the county;
- Provision of efficient and effective land administration services;
- Facilitation of the provision of secure land tenure;
- Housing Policy implementation and development;
- Promotion of Appropriate Building Materials and Technologies for adoption;
- Inventory update on all Government houses;
- Maintenance and management of government housing units;
- Implementation of informal settlement improvement strategies;
- Facilitation of access to housing finance;
- Provision and maintenance of current and accurate geospatial information;
- Provision of capacity for effective and efficient Ministerial service delivery;
- Promotion of opportunity for inter-Ministerial relationships and public/private partnerships;
- Institutionalisation of use of information and communication technology (ICT);
- Regularization of land property rights based on rationalized land use plans and public needs;
- Coordination of development controls as exercised by various government agencies