Education & ICT
DEPARTMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS, SUCCESSES AND BEST PRACTICES
A) Youth Polytechnics
1. Construction of classrooms in 26 Youth polytechnics is on-going.
2. Trainees who sat for NITA exams in the year July August series 2013/2014, 90% of them passed
3. New curriculum (NVCET) to be rolled out in youth polytechnics in Nyamira County
4. Capacity building of Youth polytechnic managers and BOG members.
5. Needs assessment for each village polytechnic done and reports made.
B) Early Childhood Development Education
1. Construction of 20 ECDE model classrooms is underway at a cost of 60M
2. Recruited and deployed 406 teachers in various primary schools
3. Tree planting in line with the greening of schools program was done.
4. Strategic plan for the devolved functions where ECDE is inclusive, to inform the development activities has been done.
C) Information Communication Technology
@ Procured desktops, 50 laptops, 30 IPADS, 40 smartphones, 3 heavy duty photocopy machines and 26 printers.
@ Created a website (http://www.nyamira.go.ke ).
@ Local Area network with 1 wireless connection points at Head office.
@ PABX Installation (Telephone extension)
@ Structural cabling done in Finance offices (LAN Connection and Point to Point Connection for IFMIS)
@ We now have email domain hosting nyamira.go.ke domain and all staff have official e-mail accounts
@ ICT budget in place
@ A strategic Plan in place
@ ICT policy in place
@ We have linkages and partnerships with ICT Authority, CCK, Computer Society of Kenya, Complitekenya (NGO)