Today, during the 5th extraordinary status conference between the Council of Governors and the President of the Republic of Kenya H. E Uhuru Kenyatta, the Nyamira County Governor H.E John Nyagarama gave a breakdown of his government's preparedness in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
Nyamira County has designated various centers with a total of 337 beds as isolation centers. These include;
1. Nyamira County Referral Hospital isolation wing has 22 beds
2. Nyamira County Referral Hospital ICU has 5 beds
3. Bombangi Health Facility [Nyamira South Sub-County] with 5 beds
4. Kioge Health facility Nyamira North Sub-county has 25 beds
5. Igena Itambe Health Facility [Nyamira South Sub-County] has 60 beds
6. Nyakegogi Health Facility with 20 beds
7. Nyamira Boys High School [for isolation] has been equipped with 200 beds
The Nyamira County Referral Hospital Annex [Doctor's Plaza] will be ready in 3 weeks. It will then be equipped with 120 beds that will be used for isolation purposes.
Finally, the Nyamira County Government is set to build a 160 bed capacity Isolation Unit in 3 months at an estimated cost of 92 Million Kenya shillings. The project will be funded by the National Government [59 Million and the County Government of Nyamira [33 Million].
The Governor urges members of the general public to observe the set guidelines in the fight against COVID-19.