A healthy and productive county with equitable access to quality health care.
To provide quality integrated health services for socio-economic development of the people of Nyamira County
The Department and its development partners will be guided by the following core and ethical values that we strive to ensure becomes our identity in execution of our mandate:
- Result oriented
Departmental Goals and Objectives
The goal for the Department of Health Services is to attain the highest possible standards of health to all in line with the Constitution and Vision 2030
- To optimize health service delivery in Nyamira County
- To attract, acquire, motivate and retain Health workforce in Nyamira county
- To strengthen health information systems so as to generate evidence based data, compile data, analyse and use the information obtained for decision making
- To augment access to health products and technologies
- To mobilize, accumulate and allocate money to cover health needs of the people
- To augment strategic policy frameworks that exist and combined with effective oversight, coalition building, regulation, attention to system design and accountability.
- To Improve Infrastructure and support services
Departmental Mandate and Roles
Our mandate is the management of health services in Nyamira County under the devolved governance structure as provided for in fourth schedule part 2 (2) of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act 2012.
1.5.4 Core functions
According to the fourth schedule of the Kenyan constitution and various ministerial circulars the core functions of the County Department of Health are:
- Provision and management of county health services
- Provision of emergency medical services and disaster management
- Promotion of primary health care
- Licensing and control of undertakings that sell food to the public
- Licensing of Cemeteries, funeral parlours and crematoria
- Waste management.
- Development of County specific health legislation and policies
- Development of health infrastructure
- Resource mobilization
- Planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of service delivery
Pharmacies and chemists