VISION AND MISSION
To be a leading entity in the provision of efficient, sustainable, equitable use of county land resources and facilitation of adequate housing provision to the residents of Nyamira.
To steer positive land reforms for improvement of livelihood of county citizen through efficient administration, equitable access, secure tenure, sustainable management of the land based resources and facilitation of housing provision in sustainable human settlement.
Core values of the Department
- Team spirit, consultative and public participation
- Prompt, effective, impartial, customer responsiveness
- Integrity, honesty, accountability and transparency
- Preservation and conservation of the environment
- Good governance
- Pro-activeness, cost-effectiveness and innovativeness
- High standards of professional ethics
- Gender equity, equality and protection of vulnerable groups
- Corporate governance and enhanced strong social responsibility
Departmental goals and objectives
1. To provide planning guidelines for urban development throughout the county by formulation of the County spatial plan and other integrated plans.
2. To establish geodetic controls in a major towns for efficient survey services
3. To ascertain proper constituted town management in accordance with urban areas and cities Act 2011
Departmental Mandate and Roles
The new constitutional dispensation resulted in the emergence of new Governance structure in the Country. Such changes include the reorganization of the Government Ministries with the County having the dockets of Land, Housing and Physical Planning whose equivalent is the Department of Lands, Housing and Urban Development at the National level. The Housing Sector Functions both at the National and County Government are guided by a number of policy documents reference to which include: the comprehensive Housing Policy developed in 1966/67 as Sessional Paper No. 5; the revised Housing Act of 1990; Sessional Paper No.3 of 2004 on National Housing Policy.
The core mandate of the department is to enforce the legislations, policies and principles of various directorates.