VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES
To provide reliable transport system and state of the art public works for improved quality of life.
To promote adequate, safe and well maintained transport system, roads infrastructure and public works services for socio-economic development.
The Core values and principles that guide and consign the staff and Political leadership of the
Department of Transport, Roads and public works to the above Vision and Mission in providing
services are enlisted below:
- Professionalism: adherence to the defined rules, standards and guidelines of the respective disciplines, exhibiting professionalism, competence and honesty.
- Integrity: highest standards of integrity, TRPW shall not place its self under any financial or other obligations to individuals or organizations that might seek to compromise our professional behavior in performance of our duties.
- Quality Assurance: We shall put in place measures and mechanisms that will ensure our clients deliver/receive quality services and works within budget and time.
- Selflessness: We shall put public interest above personal interest without consideration of any financial or material benefit and gain.
- Objectivity: We shall make decisions based on merit, researched information, professional codes and other codes of good practice.
- Customer/Client focus: We shall put the interests of our customers/clients as our first priority. We shall always seek to meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
- Partnership: We shall engage our partners in planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating our programmes and Projects.
- Optimal use of resources: We shall optimally use resources in the attainment of the Ministry objectives and targets.
- Transparency and Accountability: We shall be transparent and accountable for our decisions, actions and inactions.
- Responsiveness: We shall respond to our clients effectively and efficiently when called upon.
- Impartiality: We shall provide services to all clients without discrimination on the basis of gender, race, colour and religion or creed or ideological orientation or social status.