The department of Public Services Management formerly Public Administration and Coordination of Decentralized Units (PACDU) was established by the Governors circular, No. 1/2015 and the Kenya special Gazette Notice. In the governor’s circular No. 1/2017 that saw the renaming of the department, the directorate of ICT and e-government was transferred from the department of Education to Public Service Management. Establishment of the department is in line with the fourth schedule as provided for in the Constitution of Kenya 2010. It is also in recognition of article 235 which provides for a framework of uniform norms and standards for county governments and in furtherance of the provisions of article 10 on the national values and principles of governance in public service.
The Department of Public Service Management is comprised of seven directorates namely;
- Human Resource Management and Development;
- Administration, and Decentralized units.
- Civic Education & Public Participation, ,
- Corporate Communication
- Enforcement & Compliance
To guide the County public service in providing effective and efficient service delivery in Nyamira County.
Provide leadership in governance aimed at building an efficient, effective and responsive public service to address the needs of county citizens through enhanced citizen participation and responsive service provision in the County.
The department of Public Service Management is mandated to oversee the overall coordination, governance, systems and general administration of county government entities for the purpose of enhancing effective and efficient service delivery.
- County administration and protecting government image,
- Leverage Public participation and enhance civic education in the County
- Administration and coordination of decentralized units.
- Coordinate programs and activities of County Government entities.
- Strengthen human resource management and development
- Institutionalize Public service reforms and policy development.
- Strengthen Public communication and public relations.
- Promote Intergovernmental relations.
- Strengthen enforcement and compliance of county and national laws.
- Implement national principles of governance and public service values
- Develop, strengthen, implement and review legislation and policy framework
- To facilitate Planning, administration and coordination of programmes
- Provide a conducive work environment to ensure effective and efficient service delivery through infrastructural development.
- Strengthen partnership and collaboration with stakeholders at the county, regional, national and international levels.
- Build adequate human resource capacity to improve efficiency of service delivery
- Public toilet at Miruka market
- Construction of coffee Beds for five Coffee factories
- Renovation of veterinary offices Cum Sub County Offices in Nyamira South.
There are no ongoing projects.
Construction of two sub County Administrators Office (Nyamira North and Masaba North)
LEGISLATIVE AND DEVELOPMENT THEMATIC AREAS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT
- Passing of the Administration bill to ensure devolving of functions down to the village unit as envisioned in the County Governments Act.
- Passing of the enforcement bill to streamline operations of the Enforcement function.
- Funding of Ward and Sub County offices to house County Government officers in the devolved units. This will improve supervision of County Government functions and therefore service delivery.
- Adoption of National Government policies on Human Resource Management, Communication, Civic Education and Public Participation and tailoring them for the County Government of Nyamira.
- Strategy formulation and implementation through the finalization of the communication policy at the County legal office
- Establishment of a vibrant media center to document crucial information (Photos, videos content to be available to the public and media)
- Branding and publicity to increase the county visibility.
- Media relations improvement/activation through interactive sessions and tours
- Implementation of a Performance Management system with clear targets, Key Performance Indicators and results for County Government staff.